Software Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer
Are you a QA specialist who enjoys problem solving and using a variety of software testing methodologies to verify functionality? Are you looking for a trailblazing, evolving company that is passionate about fostering their employees’ development? Join our team-oriented, growing SaaS company to help our commercial and DoD customers modernize their challenged code and triple their productivity! In this role, you will identify procedures & scenarios for the quality control of application development and create comprehensive test plans & cases. You will collaborate closely with clients, developers, and the project management team to report, resolve, and document software defects and coordinate quality testing activities.
Why Work for Us?
● Freedom to innovate and ample learning & growth opportunities
● We strive for excellence and value what makes YOU different; you bring skills and a customer-first mentality, and we’ll bring the tools & environment you need to do your best work
● Full-time, permanent opportunity offering a competitive salary (non-exempt position), PTO, health, dental, and vision insurance
● Fully remote position
● At least 3 years spent testing software applications
● Demonstrated knowledge of testing methodologies, process mapping, test plan & test case development, data collection & analysis, and reporting cycles
● Capability to execute system-level testing of new software releases utilizing Jira and Confluence
● Familiarity with all aspects of the software development lifecycle
● Ability to proactively analyze problems and troubleshoot to find the best solution
● Strong organization, documentation, and communication skills (written & verbal)
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
● Ability to write Python code to create unit tests (strongly preferred)
● Experience with automated testing tools (Pytest)
Silverthread’s unique and systematic approach makes it possible to modernize complex software codebases. Based on 15 years of applied research at MIT and Harvard Business School, our CodeMRI® Suite of tools and services help your organization turn large, legacy, and monolithic software systems into cleaner modular systems that are agile, easy to understand, enhance, build, test, and deploy. Our approach lets organizations continue normal development in parallel with software application modernization activities. With Silverthread CodeMRI®, software code goes through incremental transformative steps. Issues are identified, fixed, and locked down in priority order – providing incremental business benefits. Ultimately, when using CodeMRI® tools, your code will be easier to test, deploy, and customize. If cloud migration is your goal, a modernized codebase ensures an effortless migration to the cloud. Developers will be more productive and fight fewer fires, which means new capabilities will ship faster using our CodeMRI® Suite of tools.
Silverthread is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.